@home...

It’s the second day of January,2011, and honestly, I can’t feel any difference in the year (should I?). I even made a mistake of typing 2010 just now. The Muslim new Hijrah calendar was celebrated some weeks back and it also didn’t make any difference…It’s important for me to know as a Muslim.
Meanwhile, one of the many things I’ve also come to realise living in South Africa is that, we celebrate differently. Communal relations here aren’t as close-knit as we’ve got it back in my homecountry. The fact that you’re most likely to have someone in your family practicing a different faith, makes it the more inter-related, during festive seasons. But what can one do but adjust in the situation you are subjected to…I miss home, and so do my kids. Hubby returned from his ten-day trip on Wednesday, the 29th. I eventually went to the office on Tuesday as anticipated. I was so bored and almost lonely, albeit the companion of my kids. There is difference between chatting small talks with kids and having a stimulating conversation with an adult. So they couldn’t fill that void, even if they tried to. Perhaps, if I was a very playful mom, I wouldn’t have felt that emptiness. Anyway, they’re screaming their lungs out now, having fun in their own little haven. Amongst other things, am most grateful for having such cheerful and happy kids. They enjoy each other ’s company so much one would think they wouldn’t blend-in with an outsider. They love people, love babies, kids their age and get along very easily with new faces. Am first to admit that they need a little more outdoor activity. Well, they’ve been spending more swimming of late than they had in a long while. Whether of course is to be taken into consideration- they can’t swim during winter. And since summer began, it’s been also rainy and windy most days. So even when they are relentless and constantly asking to go swim, I have had to refuse for health reasons. I told them I didn’t have money to buy them medications, were they to catch cold swimming on windy days…at least they understood.
I sort of resumed my self-designed morning exercise, again. This time around, am not focusing of reducing belly fat alone, am actually more concerned about the unexplainable fatigue I feel these days. I just don’t think it’s right to feel muscular pains and just tired from not doing much of physical activities. It really hurt so much, my muscles have been strained like they haven’t in a long while. But it’s cool, I told myself-“No Pain, No Gain”, right? I just do a hundred skips at once, and increased it to two hundred yesterday. Today, I “skipped” skipping, just the aerobics, slower than I usually do. I want to be really disciplined about it, so that I don’t skip days and become inconsistent. Well, I intend to keep on going, whether my body aches from it or not. I can still bear the pains at this level.
And so I wrap up these thoughts for now…I don’t do New Year Resolutions, sorry to disappoint you…
I just pray that 2011 will be my study years minus one, that I finally get to do some of the plans I have in mind, finish with some I’ve already commenced (like finally learning to drive & getting my Driver’s License), and other things I don’t really want to get into for now. And I pray that friends who are planning of settling down get the man they deserve, to my family members, better things than what 2010 offered and wish everyone I know the best this year has got to offer…Welcome 2011!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why are people interested in politics?

DARE TO DREAM!

Arise O'Compatriots!