The loss of a loved one... Grief! I totally lost the words to describe the pain. I froze. The pen fell off my fingers. I wrote neater than I usually would-that means I was just moving from one letter to another. It lacked flow and coherence.I managed to scribble a few lines and... I just stopped. There was no use. This time, the words eluded me. I didn't need to write out my heart. I needed to let out the tears. The tears had to flow until I released enough pain holding tightly on my chest. I can say succinctly that, never in my whole existence have I cried, or wept that much. I was shattered. In great disbelief. Even though I know for a fact that, death is irreversible. I was still hoping, in my head that, the news just wasn't true. That there was just a misinformation. That we would be called back, and told it was a scare. That he passed out. And that he was awake now. But those were my delusional thoughts. My desires. If it happened during the time of Isa, the son of Mary(Jesus). Such miracles stopped during his time. In this lifetime, there isn't going to be any resurrection. Near death experiences would happen. People may go into comatose and come out of it. But not the dead rising again after the body had been embalmed.
And so it was that, we grieve, we mourn my the demise of a brother, a son. Who, left us tragically... We take solace in God.Life cycle completed !

Comments

  1. Sometimes, it still feels like a dream. Sulaimon Olaitan Mafe- you are dearly missed cuz'! God's got'you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why are people interested in politics?

A plea...