When I say, my friend…

I mean, we are not necessarily blood-related,

But you are what I refer to as ‘an extension of my family'

I mean that- I love you all the same

And will not be judgemental of you

It means that- I will call on you

When I need someone to laugh at my 'dry, boring jokes'

I mean, you are the one I will turn to when I'm gloomy and need a glee

You will be my confidant, without an iota of distrust

You will tell me, it's okay to make mistakes

And not define me by the naivety of my choices

You will have my back, and not watch me walk into a ditch

When I slip, you will support and lift me up, without reproach or rebuke

You will never betray me, nor I, you

For when things don't go my way,

I will say, “my friend has always been there for me”...

Never envious of each other, but

Forever rejoicing in our successes, together,

Picking each other up…when down

'Cause you are indeed

My 'true friend'!



BiliMaffy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why are people interested in politics?

DARE TO DREAM!

Arise O'Compatriots!