Popular posts from this blog
When I say, my friend… I mean, we are not necessarily blood-related, But you are what I refer to as ‘an extension of my family' I mean that- I love you all the same And will not be judgemental of you It means that- I will call on you When I need someone to laugh at my 'dry, boring jokes' I mean, you are the one I will turn to when I'm gloomy and need a glee You will be my confidant, without an iota of distrust You will tell me, it's okay to make mistakes And not define me by the naivety of my choices You will have my back, and not watch me walk into a ditch When I slip, you will support and lift me up, without reproach or rebuke You will never betray me, nor I, you For when things don't go my way, I will say, “my friend has always been there for me”... Never envio...
A plea...
They make me feel like am whining. I look around and when I see my fellow country people, seemingly comfortable and almost uncaring or undisturbed; I often wonder if am the only person whining about missing home so much. But apparently, am not alone in that thought. I have been in conversations with a few ladies and they also seem to share my feelings. Infact, not just fellow Nigerians, but a colleague here at the office and of different national. But what seem bother me is how much others in Diaspora have completely lost touch with their roots and seem to be compensated by the comfort of the West. I strongly believe home is home, no matter the comfort. One thing is certain though, the developing nations have lost some of the best of their brains to the developed nations. An incontestable fact as it were. Right here where I am and from my angle of knowledge, there are hundreds of professionals both in the health and the educational sector, who could have contributed to ...
Comments
Post a Comment